Microsoft has announced what to expect in the upcoming release of its native Facebook app for Windows Phone. Version 2.5 will be released sometime in the near future; the software giant says it is going through its final rounds of testing before sign off.
Here is Microsoft is promising in Facebook for Windows Phone 2.5:
- Threaded messaging: Full Facebook threaded messaging including group messaging, all in a beautiful Metro style design.
- Tagging: Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the 'with' and 'at' format.
- Delete posts and comments: Use the tap and hold context menu to delete posts and comments from your wall.
- Active links in posts: Tap on links in posts to go directly to the content.
- Updates to the photo comments and likes page: The photo comments and likes page has been updated to match the posts comments and likes page. You can see a hint of the image at the top of the page, pull down and you can see the whole thing.
- And finally, by popular demand: you can now Like comments!
Unfortunately, there's still no mention of full Facebook Timeline support, which is rather disappointing.
Facebook for Windows Phone version 2.3, which added various new features and included multiple improvements, was released over two months ago. It was soon followed by version 2.4, which restored the Events link on the main panorama.
Although the Windows Phone operating system includes native Facebook support, the separate app extends the functionality by adding support for Pages, Groups, and other features. Unlike Facebook for Android and Facebook for iOS, Facebook for Windows Phone is not developed by Facebook: it's built by Microsoft.
- Facebook Messenger for Windows officially released
- Facebook for Android passes Facebook for iPhone (DAU)
- Facebook is now the most popular Android app
- Apple: Angry Birds, Facebook most popular iPhone apps of 2011
- Facebook: "We're going to become a mobile company"