Take a look at what Michael Scherotter at Mindjet Labs has been coolking up - an amzing integration play with Woord 2007 that is far and away the best example I have seen of how the new Office platform can be leveraged using the new Office XML file format and the .Net framework. Michaels explains it all (and I'm sitting in a dark auditorium at The Future of Web Apps conference right now) very nicely in his post on the Mindjet blog. If you have ben looking for a wau to share and collaborate using mind maps with people who don't use MindManager, you're going to be very intrigued by this new development.
Here's how Michael explains it in summary:
Using this new technology we could embed an entire MindManager map in a Word Document and do the following with it:
- Allow users to use Microsoft Office Word 2007 to edit the document.
- Allow users to view and modify the MindManager content, like icons, map markers, task planning information, attachments, and comments from within Word 2007.
- This is all done without installing anything else (like add-ins) on Word 2007 because all of the code to modify the internal MindManager Map is in VBA Macros in the .docm file.
- Create the .docm files without having Word 2007 on the system with MindManager.
- Essentially edit the MindManager map on a system without MindManager on it. (I know this sounds like herasy to this audience but keep on reading).
- Because the MindManager map is embedded in the Word Document, merging the Word data back with the MindManager data is possible and doing a round-trip of the map back to MindManager is practical — without losing information.