President Obama has promised to appoint the nation's first Chief Technology Officer and I have the perfect candidate.
The perfect candidate should have these qualities (imho):
- They should be from the Silicon Valley region (because Silicon Valley is a national treasure and the global engine of innovation (bar none)).
- They should be a serial entrepreneur (so that they understand the ups and downs, the elation and the depression of an entrepreneur, and yet they go back and do it again, . . . and again, and again)).
- They should have several years of experience at a senior VP executive level at one of Silicon Valley's top technology companies.
- They are on the board of directors of some of our largest companies.
- They have made an academic study of innovation and they understand the dynamics of how innovation is done and what can destroy it.
- They are very comfortable talking with the media about their ideas.
- They have met with top government officials on the subject of innovation and how to preserve US leadership.
- They are in the prime of their life.
- They have a near universal respect from their peers.
Who am I describing? Let me know if you know someone that fits this profile . . . ( I have the perfect candidate I'll give you my suggestion later this week but maybe you can guess from my description.)