It seems Jake Kuramoto is asking the nascent Oracle community to come up with names for it's new internal social computing service. Suggestions Jake likes include:
* oracut (Like orkut, this one made me laugh.)
* ora souls (This one made me laugh. Oracle is harvesting our souls?)
* ogle (This one also made me laugh, like what Facebook really is for some.)
* oratitude (We don’t have a ‘tude at Oracle, do we?)
* Oracle Dhosth (Dhosth is an Indian word meaning friends.)
* OracleHome (This was my favorite, a great old school reference.)
* o degrees
* who (Like the Unix command of course.)
James Governor at Redmonk might like Redbook. I have a suggestion and yes, I will admit it is a little irreverent. But then who said enterprise needs to be dull. As one colleague recently said: "If we could make enterprise computing a little more fun then maybe it would gain higher user adoption?"
In that spirit: Orifice 2.0 anyone? ;)
UPDATE: I'd quite forgotten until someone pinged me but "RedBook" is already in use at IBM for their printed manuals so they can cross that one off the list.