It's the first of the month again, and that means that NetApplications data for the previous month is available for analysis.
This time round there are some interesting trends to note.
Note: I know that a lot of you have issues trusting data from a single source such as NetApplications for browser and market share but the way I look at it is that it's a good source of data to observe changing trends.
Here are some highlights:
- IE8B2 market share hits 0.22%!
- Firefox 3.0 up to 7.74% (up from 5.67% previous month)
- Firefox 2.0 and 3.0 nows account for 19.25% of the browser market share (up from 18.69%)
- Combined IE7/IE6 market share falls by 0.88%
- Combined Safari 3.0/3.1 market share up 0.24%
- Combined Windows XP/Windows Vista market share down to 87.34% (from 87.57% previous month)
- Mac market share up to 7.86% (up from 7.75% previous month)
- Linux market share is a shade under 1%, at 0.93% (up from 0.82% previous month)
- iPhone market share up a third to 0.30% (up from 0.19% previous month) - The iPhone 3G has given the market share a significant boost (as an OS though the iPhone still lags behind Windows 2000, Linux, Windows NT, and Windows 98, and is now ahead of Windows ME).