The folks at iLounge attest that they've spoken with someone trustworthy who can reveal facts or confirm rumors on Apple's touch tablet device.
- There are three distinct prototypes of the tablet.
- The screen will be 10.7 inches. Seven inches was deemed too small.
- It runs on iPhone OS and is intended to be a multimedia-minded device -- not a netbook replacement.
- There will be two flavors: one 3G-enabled and one not.
- Yes, it will look a lot like the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Bigger screen means bigger resolution. Expect "720p or thereabouts."
- "Apple is currently planning to announce it on or before January 19, 2010, and to use an iPhone-like hype buildup period to start selling it in May or June."
- It's awaiting Jobs' sign-off.
Needless to say, if this is true, the iTunes environment and App Store is about to get very interesting.