Wednesday is the big day that Microsoft releases its Windows 8 Consumer Preview at the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain. Our sister site CNET has live coverage of the press event, but before the event even started, Microsoft has published a PDF guide on the web on what the Windows 8 Consumer Preview means for businesses.
Ant Pruitt of ANewDomain.net found the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guide for Business on Microsoft's site in the hours before the official MWC event at 9:00AM Eastern Standard Time.
Pruitt summed up the contents of the guide in eight bullets:
- DirectAccess feature for IT administrators
- HyperV integration
- Windows PowerShell improvements
- BitLocker9 drive encryption
- Better web standards compliance (HTML5, CSS3 and SVG)
- Internet Explorer 10 updates
- Special mobile browsing anticipated
- SkyDrive integration for small business
Go download the PDF.
UPDATED, 9:45AM EST: Microsoft has also posted new details at preview.windows.com, and the Windows 8 Customer Preview is now available for download from that URL.
UPDATED, 9:49AM EST: CNET has posted its hands-on video with Windows 8 CP.
UPDATED, 10:49AM EST: Windows chief Steven Sinofsky said Microsoft will talk more about Windows 8 in the enterprise at CeBIT (which is March 6-10 in Germany).