Larry Dignan: Yup, those Yahoo Panama expectations were too high. Techmeme discussion.
Privacy concerns dog Google-DoubleClick deal.
Semel sees DoubleClick advertisers defecting.
Vonage: Verizon patent suit could bankrupt us.
Ed Burnette: Beware of blog: A rush to judgment.
Photos: A Chinese Intel Developer Forum (right).
Larry Dignan: A peek at Intel’s data center strategy. Gallery (left).
EMC: Tech spending solid; VMware hits $1B revenue run rate.
David Berlind: Penfield-Jackson's revenge? For Silverlight (and Microsoft) to succeed, must Microsoft break itself up?
Dan Farber @ Web 2.0 Expo:
- Google presentation app on the way. Google treads on PowerPoint turf. Donna Bogatin, Garett Rogers and Dana Gardner.
- Swivel launches a YouTube for data and charts.
- Dana Gardner: My favorite Web 2.0 themes: SOA and business applications as advertising platforms.
- Video: Eric Schmidt talks DoubleClick.
- Study finds weak participation on Web 2.0 sites.
Apple Insider: Apple seriously considering iPhone rebate, subsidy - report. Wired: What's happening to our lovely cult?
TheStreet.com: Seagate earnings stall.