Here’s a look at Friday, March 28:
Google closed its acquisition of AdMob almost a week after the Federal Trade Commission gave its blessing. The move comes just a few days before Apple kicks off its iAd initiative with the rollout of iPhone 4.0. Now the fun really begins. The mobile ad battle kicks off at Apple's WWDC in a few days. Related: Ballmer not speaking at WWDC. Is Silverlight in the iPhone cards?
AT&T’s Ron Spears, CEO of the telecom company’s Business Solutions unit, said Apple’s iPhone has plenty of traction in the enterprise and in some cases is replacing a laptop purchase. In fact, 40 percent of iPhone sales are to the enterprise.
The One Laptop Per Child project is plotting an XO-3 prototype later this year. What's the real role of the OLPC to the industry? More:
- OLPC's Negroponte Says XO-3 Prototype Tablet Coming in 2010
- XO-3 update: OLPC and Marvell partner to design a line of tablets
Galleries for the day:
- Tour Facebook's new privacy settings
- X Prizes for grab - millions for scientific breakthroughs
- And The Empire Strikes Back gifts for the ultimate Star Wars fan (right)