Today NVIDIA has released a new Verde driver for notebook PCs, version 197.16.
In addition to claiming to offer dramatic gaming improvements, these drivers add support for connecting 3D Vision-ready displays to your notebook!
These new drivers support the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs:
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, and 300M-series notebook GPUs
- ION notebook GPUs
- NVS-series notebook GPUs
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (DirectX 10 or later GPUs)
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (DirectX 10 or later GPUs)
Here's what's new:
- Adds support for 3D Vision on external displays. GPU and display requirements for notebook PCs can be found here. 3D Vision drivers for notebooks can be downloaded here.
- Adds or improves SLI support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II , Avatar, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Dirt 2, Mass Effect 2, Metro 2033, Napoleon: Total War, Supreme Commander 2, World of Warcraft and more.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129 for new PhysX titles like Dark Void.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 126.96.36.199 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v195.62 WHQL.
- Bug fixes!
Here are some of the claimed gaming performance improvements (your mileage can, and probably will, vary):
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology