The app, which the Pebble team claimed was delayed because it was stuck in Apple's review queue, can be used to manage incoming calls, emails, messages, and notifications. It can also be used to track workouts, control music playback, keep an eye on the weather, and choose from thousands of watchfaces for the Pebble Time.
It also gives Pebble Time owners access to the Pebble app store.
The key features are highlighted as follows:
- Brand-new app for setting up and managing your Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel smartwatch.
- Create a Pebble account or access an existing one.
- Browse, get, and share Pebble Time apps and watchfaces on the Pebble appstore, right from the app.
- Load watchapps onto your Pebble and organize them from My Pebble.
- Find watchfaces and apps optimized for Pebble Time's color display and timeline interface.
- Discover new and popular watchapps by category: Notifications, Daily, Fitness, Games, Remotes, and Tools & Utilities.
- Manage over-the-air software updates for Pebble Time as new features and improvements happen.
- Contact Support, manage Settings, browse resources, find community links, and share suggestions with Team Pebble directly.
- Supports all new watchapps built with SDK 3.0 AND current Pebble apps built with SDK 2.0.
The app requires iOS 8 or later.
The Pebble Time comes in two flavors; plastic and stainless steel. Both feature a 1.25-inch, color e-paper display, a microphone, a compass, and a 3D accelerometer. Powering this is a lithium-ion battery that's good for a week (the Pebble Time has a stated battery life of seven days, while the stainless steel version is good for 10 days).
Both are water resistant to 30 meters.