PowerPage Podcast episode 157 ("The iPad 3 has landed") is now available for your listening pleasure:
In this episode Rob Parker and I discuss the arrival of the iPad 3 and our initial reactions to the Retina display, LTE vs. 4G, Verizon vs. AT&T, "Heatgate" and a healthy dose of our favorite apps.
Here are some of our favorite apps for the iPad 3:
- Touchgrind BMX ($4.99, App Store) – Multi-touch BMX game with gorgeous 3D graphics, realistic physics and natural controls.
- Barefoot World Atlas ($7.99, App Store) – Interactive 3D globe that allows kids to explore the earth and learn facts about different regions.
- Daedalus Touch ($4.99, App Store) – Gesture-based text editor for the iPad with a beautifully minimalist UI and DropBox syncing.
- ...and the games I mentioned in my iPad games roundup (Sky Gamblers, Modern Combat 3, Real Racing 2 HD, Infinity Blade II and Flight Control Rocket)
- Motion X GPS Drive HD ($2.99, App Store) – Best-of-breed navigation app with turn-by-turn voice guidance, live over-the-air maps and real-time navigation.
- SlingPlayer for iPad ($29.99, App Store) – App for watching your favorite live and recorded television shows on your iPad via the SlingBox appliance.
- Atomic Web Browser ($0.99, App Store) – Full-featured Web browser with user-agent switching, file downloads and DropBox integration.
Follow us on Twitter