It's six days and counting until the big iPhone release day this coming Friday at 6 p.m. your time.
Although there are no iPhones in stock, I am sure that in-store sales types and employees are busy answering lots of iPhone questions at this very moment from mall-strolling weekend shoppers. That's because these stores are a vital link in the iPhone supply chain.
What types of questions will they answer? Better yet, what types of questions should you ask?
Here are a few:
- Will iPhone actually go on sale at 6 p.m. Friday?
- How many iPhones will you have in stock at 6 p.m.?
- Will you take a waiting list?
- What about lines? Will I be allowed to wait online in the mall? If so, when?
- How many iPhones will I be able to buy at once?
- Can I trade in my older AT&T Wireless phone for store credit against my iPhone purchase?
- Can I trade in my older iPod for credit against my iPhone purchase?
- Will I be able to try iPhone in the store before I get to the register?
- For Apple Stores: Will your "Genius Bar" offer on-site iPhone configuration/setup?
If you happened to ask these questions- or are planning to later this weekend- let us know via comment to this post what the AT&T Mobility or Apple store rep told you. General impressions are also good.
And finally- if you couldn't resist taking a photo of a store window in which iPhone was displayed, let us know where you've posted it (i.e., Flickr).