You can easily load videos into your mobile phone. And why would you want to do that? Firstly, for showing corporate videos and product demos to your customers while on the move. Secondly, for distributing training videos, using the phone as a mobile learning tool.
You can do this simply by installing a high-capacity memory card (e.g. 512 MB) into your phone and following the steps below to convert your video file into the portable .3gp format.
(1) Download and install QuickTime Player (version 7.1 or later): http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download
(2) Visit the online Apple Store and buy the upgrade to QuickTime Pro (US$29.99): Go to http://store.apple.com, scroll down to "Visit other Apple stores around the world" and select your country. Click "QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows" and buy it.
(3) Start QuickTime Player. Follow the instructions provided by the Apple Store to upgrade your QuickTime Player to QuickTime Pro.
(4) Click File -> Open File, select the video file to be converted (e.g. .mov, .avi).
(5) Click File -> Export.
(6) In the "Export" drop-down box, select "Movie to 3G".
(7) Click Options.
(8) In the "3G Export Settings" window, enter the following settings:
File Format: 3GPP
Video Format: MPEG-4
Data Rate: 200 kbits/sec
Optimised for: Download
Image Size: 176x144 QCIF
Preserve aspect ratio: Checked
Frame Rate: 15
(9) Click the "Video" drop-down box, change it to "Audio". Enter the audio settings as follows:
Audio Format: AMR-NB (Speech)
Data Rate: 12.200 kbps
Frames per Sample: 5
(10) Click the "Audio" drop-down box, change it to "Streaming". Enter the streamings settings as follows:
Enable streaming: Checked
Maximum packet size: 1450 bytes
Maximum packet duation: 100 msec
Optimize for server: Checked
(11) Click "OK" and "Save". The converted file is now saved as a .3gp file.
(12) Copy the file to your mobile phone using a USB cable or a USB memory card adapter.
(13) On your phone, click "Gallery" or "File Manager" to select the file and play it.
This works well for most Nokia mobile phones and video files in the .mov and .avi formats. Other video file formats may cause problems, so it's best to get the video file in .mov or .avi format.