Snapchat's parent company, Snap Inc, has filed confidentially for its IPO, according to Reuters.
The widely popular messaging app is looking to raise $4 billion at a valuation between $25 billion to $35 billion, Bloomberg reported in October.
It's not clear when Snapchat will publicly unveil the news or when it will begin trading. Snapchat declined to comment.
Snapchat was valued at nearly $18 billion in its latest round of funding in May. In October, the Wall Street Journal reported Snapchat could start selling shares as early as late March with a valuation of $25 billion or more.
- The Surface Duo isn't for everyone. But here's who will love it
- Apple iPhone 12: Price, launch date, 5G, and all the rumors and leaks you need to know
- I tried to photograph the apocalypse, but my iPhone wouldn't let me
- 10 best smartphones not made in China
- Apple pie in the sky? Long due products we want to see next week (ZDNet YouTube)
- Best phones under $500 (CNET)
- Top 10 apps every iOS user should download (TechRepublic)