Last week Reutersreported results from a Merrill Lynch survey of 100 CIOs. Below are the key findings:
- Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, and EMC are likely to win more business in 2005.
- About 60 percent of the CIOs said IBM made a bad decision to sell its PC business to Lenovo, with only 28 percent saying it was a good bet.
- CIOs expect Dell to gain share at the fastest rate, while only 4 percent expect Sun to gain share of their spending in 2005.
- Software and storage top corporations' technology wish lists in 2005.
- Personal computers, which had been in the middle on spending growth agendas, fell to the bottom.