HTC unveiled a slew of new mobile phones at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona today, but now we're already buzzing over another smartphone that remains more mysterious.
Sent in by an anonymous tipster to Engadget, the image above reveals the unannounced HTC Revolver. Specs are said to include:
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
- 4.3-inch capacitive touch LCD
- 1.2Ghz dual-core processor
- 16GB of onboard storage space
- 1GB of memory
- 3-megapixel front-facing camera
- 8-megapixel rear camera
Also believed to be launching with AT&T during Q3 2011, the Revolver could turn out to be AT&T's flagship phone. However, it's still a 3G device, and given how many 4G-ready smartphones are coming out this spring and summer, it will take a very strong 3G device to be a contender later this year.
[Image via Engadget]
UPDATE: We've gotten a tip from Andrew C. that the image above is a fake, citing that his friend who works at AT&T has also confirmed the phone to be a fake.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- HTC: Running out of tricks?
- MWC 2011: HTC finally gets into the tablet game with the 7 inch HTC Flyer
- MWC 2011: HTC announces five new Android smartphones, two with Facebook buttons
- AT&T updating LaptopConnect data plans and prices?
- Rumor: 7-inch HTC Android 2.3 tablet will ship in March