Trying to predict what will happen in the future is no easy task. The growing popularity of prescriptive analytics, which leverages big data and machine learning (ML) to provide recommendations and forecast outcomes will certainly make it easier.
How do you set up an analytics infrastructure that sees around corners and gives you options to avoid a head-on crash? TechRepublic's sister site, Tech Pro Research, is conducting a survey to find out.
If you're familiar with your company's prescriptive analytics plan, we want to hear from you. The survey contains nine or fewer multiple choice questions and should take less than five minutes to complete.
SEE: Quick glossary: Business intelligence and analytics (Tech Pro Research)
You'll be asked questions about how your company uses prescriptive analytics, project implementation, and what areas in your company use prescriptive analytics.
All respondents will have a chance to enter their email at the end of the survey and receive a free copy of the resulting research report, which is normally only available to Tech Pro Research subscribers.
- How to become a data scientist: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- Hiring kit: Data architect (Tech Pro Research)
- Googling prescriptive analytics: YouTube recommendations and the analytics continuum(ZDNet)
- 60 ways to get the most value from your big data initiatives (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Volume, velocity, and variety: Understanding the three V's of big data (ZDNet)
- Best cloud services for small businesses (CNET)
- Big data: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)