The T-Mobile myTouch 4G was one of the nicest Android devices I have tried over the past year and now we see that T-Mobile is bringing that device with a slider QWERTY keyboard in the myTouch 4G Slide.
The myTouch 4G Slide may also have the best camera from HTC, which is an area they have traditionally been quite weak in compared to other smartphone manufacturers. I don't think it can match what Nokia is doing with their cameras and the claim on the T-Mobile site that it is the "most advanced camera of any smartphone" may be a bit of a marketing phrase. Then again, I will have to give the 8 megapixel shooter a try and see for myself since I do own the Nokia N8. As you can see in the T-Mobile video below there is some advanced software in the camera to give you some pretty slick functionality, including the following:
- Improved low-light Performance: with a backside illuminated sensor and a wide aperture lens (f/2.2)
- Zero shutter lag: innovative software features allow for an instantaneous shot at that precise moment
- SweepShot: for capturing panoramic shots by sweeping across an entire scene in a single motion
- ClearShot HDR: for capturing objects in bright settings so your photos are not affected by high-contrast lighting
- BurstShot: for capturing multiple photos in a quick burst so you don’t miss the perfect photo
The myTouch 4G Slide specifications include:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- HTC Sense 3.0
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 3.7 inch WVGA super LCD display
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED and 1080p video recording capability
There looks to be some cool software in the myTouch 4G Slide, including Group Text by Bobsled, new Genius button powered by Dragon Dictation from Nuance, and more.
Traditionally, the myTouch line has been targeted at the mid-level consumer market while devices like the G2 are generally for the higher end consumer and business professional. As I saw with the myTouch 4G though these lines become blurred when HTC improves the devices and rolls out solid products. The T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide will be available in July for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and $50 rebate. It comes in black and khaki.