T-Mobile USA and BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion have just announced the T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800. The device is already available on Cingular for $299.99, but will be available via the T-Mobile site beginning Monday.
Compliant with T-Mobile's EDGE broadband wireless network, the T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800 offers the following specs and features:
- Display- 320 x 240 color;
- Dimensions: 4.49 x 2.60 x 0.55 inches and 4.73 oz;
- Expandable memory via microSD expansion slot;
- Instant messaging clients: AOL, Yahoo!, MSN and ICQ;
- Multimedia player with music and audio capabilities;
- High performance HTML browser;
- QWERTY keyboard;
- Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD);
- Dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals-
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS (800/900/1800/1900) and EDGE network support for international roaming;
- Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones;
- BlackBerry Internet Service - allows access to up to 10 personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts;
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support - integrates with Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise environments;
- A new set of IT policy controls for managing the handset's features and usage.
- Call Management Features- smart dialing, conference calling, speed dialing and call forwarding.