Renewable energy, apart from being a necessary transition in terms of our rising energy requirements, is beginning to make it to political agendas. Fossil fuels dwindle, and the political state of oil reserves causes constant tension among many countries.
This interesting videograph compiles a number of topics concerning the future state of renewable energy, and highlights just how important the renewable energy industry is likely to become.
Some of the statistics highlighted in the video include:
- 82.8 million barrels of crude oil are consumed across the world per day;
- More than 25 percent of energy consumption used in households is expended on lighting.
- The percentages of current energy reliance is approximately 88 percent on fossil fuel, 12 percent renewable;
- The videograph predicts by 2050 this ratio will change to 20 - 80;
- Enough sunlight falls on earth in a 24 hour period to fuel energy needs for a full calendar year;
- Water is the most currently used renewable energy source.
- The majority of people in the U.S believe the government should invest more in solar and wind energy projects.
Related on SmartPlanet:
This post was originally published on Smartplanet.com