Internetnews.com has report about a popular topic: Linux penetration in the enterprise.?According to Gartner analyst George Weiss, the biggest hurdles have nothing to do with Microsoft or SCO Group's copyright claims. Here are the real challenges:
- The potential for multiple source code distribution to cause fragmentation.
- Higher support costs that increase total cost of ownership (TCO) with demanding workloads.
- OSS licenses that could proliferate beyond users' abilities to manage them.
- Frequent open source software releases that create potential compatibility.
- Dependency issues, and potential patent and copyright issue exposure that could raise risk management concerns.
How would you rate these hurdles??Tell us in TalkBack.