Play audio version
Australia is hurtling slowly towards one of the fastest
broadband networks in the world, but what are we going to do with
This week we look at the sorts of applications we might use on
this new network, and how will that impact what the government
builds. It's the first part of our wish-list for the new
- Macquarie Telecom's MD for hosting Aiden Tudehope says the new
services can be put into two categories.
- Telstra chief technology officer Hugh Bradlow says, in part,
speed is needed to meet multiple users in each home.
- TransAct's Tony Allen talks about adoption of video on their
existing high speed network.
- MyNetFone CEO Andy Fung talks about the future for VoIP to
- Telecommunications consultant Gina Mihalofska says the government needs to fully consider the
systems needed to support the provision of access to the network
- Livewire CEO Omar Khalifa suggests that some of the access
should be free to customers.
Want to contribute? Listen for the
phone number at the end of this episode to see how you can add to
our list of requirements for the new NBN and the applications it