We've got a full MSDN subscription and four tickets to Microsoft's REMIX conference in Sydney next week to giveaway. Enter here!
Thanks to our friends at Microsoft, ZDNet.com.au and Builder AU are giving you the chance to win tickets to REMIX09 on 11 June at Star City in Sydney. Now in its third year, REMIX will draw together coders, strategists, information architects, visual designers, UX professionals and digital marketers who all share an interest on what's coming next on the web.
Up for grabs, we have:
- Major prize: Visual Studio Team Suite with MSDN Premium 12-month subscription (valued at $19,000) and two tickets to REMIX09 (valued at $299 each)
- Runner-up prize: two tickets to REMIX09 (valued at $299 each)
Unfortunately, we're unable to provide transport or accommodation for the winners.
To win, answer the following question in the talkback below this article. You can post as anonymous if you wish, but make sure to include your correct address in the email field so we can let you know you've won!
The ZDNet.com.au and Builder AU editorial teams will choose the most creative and engaging entry after a week of discussion and announce the winner on the morning of Wednesday, 10 June. Terms and conditions here.
"What is the worst-designed web page or application you've ever seen, and why?"
Terms and conditions:
1. Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (& their immediate families) are ineligible.
3. Promoter is CBS Interactive Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
4. Competition commences 3 June 2009 and closes AEDST 11:59pm 9 June 2009.
5. To enter the competition readers of ZDNet.com.au must submit an answer of 25 words to the question "What is the worst-designed web page or application you've ever seen, and why?"
6. The judging will take place at the promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. From AEDST 5pm 10 May 2009.
7. The winner will be notified by phone or email on 10 June 2009 and published on ZDNet.com.au on 10 June 2009.
8. The author of the most insightful response, as judged by the editors from CBS Interactive, will be deemed the winner. This competition is a game of skill. The major prize winner will receive Visual Studio Team Suite with MSDN Premium 12-month subscription (valued at $19,000) and two tickets to REMIX09 (valued at $299 each). The runner-up will receive two tickets to REMIX09 (valued at $299 each). Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified immediately using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within seven days of notification the promoter holds the right to conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified. If the winner selected is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
11. Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions.
13. Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions from the SA Lottery Department, Revenue SA) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to a written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
17. Insurance and warranty for the products will be the responsibility of the vendor suppliers of the prize. Warranty details for each of the components of the prize will be provided with the prize. The promoter of this competition is CBS Interactive.