Two problems specifically stand out above the noise. The first is related to the Zune player and how the handset locks up when playing music.
A post on Microsoft's support forum summarizes the problem:
- A majority of user's reporting this problem have devices from HTC.
- Most of the HTC devices are HD7s
- Problem does not occur when phone is rolled back to NoDo
- Devices with and without DRM'd tracks have experienced the problem.
- Disabling the artist picture on the lock screen makes the problem appear to go away (temporarily) but problem returns after next reboot
- The problem is less likely to occur if the device is connected to a power source or the device's screen is not locked
- The problem has occurred on both MP3 and WMA tracks
- The problem may be less likely to happen when bluetooth earphones or the phone's speaker is being used instead of the headphones. This is still being tested.
Another problem is related to the keyboard and how it can vanish while it is being used. Unlike the Zune freezing bug this one doesn't force you have to restart the handset by removing the battery, but it's still annoying.
Microsoft has confirmed that it is investigating both these issues.
- Decreased keyboard accuracy
- Live tiles not updating
- Zune freezes when using Aux cable
- Voice commands not working (Samsung Focus)
- Screen doesn't turn off in call (Samsung Focus)
- Excessive data usage
- GPS problems
- Battery not updating (LG Optimus 7)
(Image credit: I Ashish)