Are you a Windows Phone 7 handset owner who has been patiently waiting for the 'NoDo' but your carrier is dragging its heels? Keep reading!
ChevronWP7 developer Chris Walsh has created an application that combines all the updates (pre-NoDo 7008 all the way to NoDo update 2 7390) into a single package.
Here's what Walsh has to say:
So I flashed my HTC Mozart back to RTM (7004) via a ROM update HTC ship and whipped up a little application to flash pre-NoDo (7008), NoDo (7355), NoDo update 1 (7389) & NoDo update 2 (7390) all in a single process. No I don't care which carrier you are on, which phone you have, it'll just update your phone accordingly.
We really have to commend Microsoft here for being able to split up the OS updates into differential packs, which saves users downloading 200+ MB updates, unlike the IFruit updates.
All you need to do is run the ChevronWP7.Updater.exe console app and follow the prompts.
Some caveats outlined by Walsh:
- Make sure you select the RIGHT language for your device. To double check what your default language is, go to Settings > Keyboard and if your selected language is displayed in the Console app, you're good to select it. If it isn't in the list, DON'T flash it just yet.
- If you're updating from Version 7004, you need to run the Updater TWICE, this needs the preUpdate before we can flash NoDo.
- This "might" work for HD2 owners, haven't tried it out just yet.
- There is NO revert process, again, flash at your own risk.
- Disclaimer, use this at your own risk, if this voids your warranty I'm not being held responsible, blah blah all that junk.
Downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows available.
If you try it, let me know how it goes.