On a slightly lighter note this week, I would like to ask one question.
Why would someone want to work for an outsourcer when you:
- Have to deal with unreasonable customers who keep demanding better services at lower prices;
- Get to work in an environment where your boss expects perfection and optimal efficiency; and
- Get blamed if anything goes wrong, even if it had nothing to do with you.
However, you also:
- Get to work for companies that search for and invest in solutions that resolve challenging service delivery problems;
- Get to work with a variety of companies in a range of situations; and
- Might get to travel to or live in different cities/locations.
So, while it may not be an easy job, it can be an enjoyable and rewarding one. If your interests align more closely with the IT industry or business processes like HR and F&A, it might just be the choice for you.