update We'd love to be able to come to all of your homes and hide Easter eggs for you, but we know that that's not going to happen.
So, we came up with the next best thing: an Easter Egg hunt right here on the site! Secreted away in five stories published this year are Easter Eggs — not photos of the ZDNet staff, but images of coloured eggs. They look like this:
The first person to find all five of our Easter eggs in those articles will receive a free copy of Portal 2 shipped to them. Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org listing the five URLs where you found the eggs (this page doesn't count!).
It's not as difficult as it sounds — there is a trick to finding the eggs. Happy hunting!
And the winner is:
Tim Koopman from Queensland! He managed to find all five stories in a manner of minutes, although there were other entries hot on his heels.
The five stories were:
- Zuckerberg page hack blamed on bug
- Mozilla spruiks do not track tool
- No plans for Aussie online ID
- Backlash over Google's HTML5 video bet
- Continuity counts in the call centre
Terms and conditions:
Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions:
- Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible.
- Promoter is CBS Interactive Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
- Competition commences 21 April 2011 and closes AEST 11:59pm 21 April 2011.
- To enter the competition, readers of ZDNet Australia must find Easter Eggs on the ZDNet site.
- The judging will take place at the Promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia from AEST 9am, 4 June 2010.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email on 27 April 2011 and published on ZDNet Australia on that day.
- The person who finds all five hidden eggs the quickest, as judged by the editors from CBS Interactive, will be deemed the winner. This competition is a game of skill. The major prize winner will receive a copy of Portal 2. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified immediately using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within seven days of notification the Promoter holds the right to conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified. If the winner selected is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
- Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions.
- Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions from the SA Lottery Department, Revenue SA) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to a written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
- Insurance and warranty for the products will be the responsibility of the vendor suppliers of the prize. Warranty details for each of the components of the prize will be provided with the prize. The Promoter of this competition is CBS Interactive.