New version allows multilingual, mullet-currency capabilities, as well as open integration with third-party
SINGAPORE, 21 June 2000 - S1 Corp. has released the latest version
of Internet-based solutions for the financial services industry. S1 Consumer Suite version 5.1 is now available
for use either on-premise or through S1's data center.
Version 5.1 claims to offer architechtural enhancements, international capabilities and added functionality.
The S1 Consumer Suite provides integrated, Internet-based banking, brokerage, insurance, relationship management,
electronic bill presentation and payment & customer care applications.
- Enhanced scalability: Performance tests conducted at the HP Capacity Planning Centre on the S1 Consumer Banking
application demonstrated that S1 delivers levels of scalability and high performance that are currently unavailable
in other solutions on the market. S1 found that a thin server implementation of Consumer Banking will scale linearly
to support more than 20 million customers. The fat server implementation tests demonstrated support for more than
4 million users.
- Multilingual, mullet-currency capabilities: With new multilingual, mullet-currency capabilities, the S1 Consumer
Suite supports virtually every language and currency format. In addition, it accounts for market-specific considerations, such as support for the Euro and the Asian double-byte character set.
- Open integration capabilities: The S1 Consumer Suite's patented architecture facilitates the smooth integration
of third party and custom applications, as well as the latest advancements in advanced access devices. As S1 continues
to align itself with best-in-class providers of functionality and technology, the version 5.1 architecture will
enable customers to more rapidly take advantage of future enhancements.
- Expanded real-time transactional capabilities: With additional real-time transaction points, version 5.1 enables
financial institutions to offer more up-to-the-minute information, including intro-day activities.
- Functional enhancements: Each of the applications within the suite benefit from functional enhancements in
version 5.1. For example, the S1 Consumer Investments module now supports the ability to trade in IRAs and options.
S1 Relationship Management integrates more advanced research, including news feeds and content from S1 partners,
such as Reuters and FinanCentre, Inc. S1 Consumer Banking now incorporates additional loan functionality, as well
as expanded options for scheduling payments and transfers.