- Dimensions: 5.3" x 1.5" x 5.3"
- Power source: Battery powered or hardwired options
- Sensor type: Occupancy, humidity, split-spectrum, electrochemical
- Alarm: Audible, mobile, voice alerts
- Battery type: AA replaceable batteries
- Connectivity: 2.4GHz Wifi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Google's Nest Protect is a smart smoke and CO detector that is leap and bounds above the competition. Its smart capabilities give you insights to your home's condition accessible right from your phone or tablet through the Google Home app.
Though it is pricier than other options, this device is the best option for a smart smoke detector and CO monitor. Several of them will cost a pretty penny in comparison to the average smoke detector, but, in the unfortunate even that one will be triggered, you'll get alerts of where the trigger was and if it detected smoke or CO.
The Nest Protect also does self-testing every month, which is something that each one of us should be doing already and most of us don't. This self-testing feature will give you the peace of mind that your device is working properly without having to remember to test it.
Also: The best smart smoke detectors