Enterprises believewill have a big impact on their businesses, but have security concerns, according to an Accenture survey.
Accenture, which surveyed more than 2,600 business and technology decision makers in 12 industries, found that 79% of respondents thought 5G would have a significant impact on their organizations. And 57% said 5G would be revolutionary.
The catch is that 35% of respondents had security concerns about 5G, up from 32% a year ago. Meanwhile, 62% of respondents said 5G would make them more vulnerable to cyberattacks, according to Accenture. Naturally, users were seen as the weakest link.
According to Accenture, 5G security architecture will be critical.
- Cybersecurity attacks on mobile, IoT proliferate: Will 5G make it better?
- Five industries that will be affected by the combination of 5G and IoT
- What is 5G? Everything you need to know about the new wireless revolution
Among the key items:
- 74% of respondents said they will retool policies and procedures for 5G security.
- 80% of respondents said they believed the cost of managing their IT infrastructure and applications will increase.
- 31% said the upfront costs of implementing 5G will be too great.
- 72% of respondents said they needed help thinking through connected 5G use cases.
- 85% of decision makers said they will support mobile employees via 5G.