According to Chinese website Digitimes, chipmaker AMD as plans to release whole raft of new processors, including a brand new six-core line.
The first rollout of six-core processors will happen during the second quarter of 2010. These will be Phenom II X6 parts and will be named as follows:
- Phenom II X6 1035T: 2.6GHz, 95W TDP
- Phenom II X6 1055T: 2.8GHz, 95W TDP
- Phenom II X6 1075T: 3.0GHz, 125W TDP
Along with these six-core CPUs, AMD has plans to debut other processors during second quarter of 2010:
- Quad-core Phenom II X4 940T
- Quad-core Phenom II X4 955
- Quad-core Phenom II X4 640
- Quad-core Athlon II X4 610e
- Triple-core Athlon II X3 445
- Triple-core Athlon II X3 415e
These CPUs, along with those from Intel, mean that there are some interesting times ahead of us.