ASUS on Tuesday announced the RT-N16 router, touting speed for data transfers, simplicity for usage and security.
The RT-N16 offers a maximum wireless speed throughput of 300Mbps and enables 24/7 downloads to wireless clients, even when PCs are off. The router comes with Asus' "EZ UI," allowing home and business users to allocate bandwidth, share multimedia content and setup printer or scanner functions. As for security, the router offers support for WPS.
Inside, the RT-N16 has 128MB of DDR2 video memory. Outside you'll find four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB ports.
Full specs, after the jump:
- Ethernet ports: WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ-45 for 10/100/1000 Base-T
- Supports Ethernet and 802.3 with max. bit rate 10/100/1000 Mbps and auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
- Antenna 3 x external antenna
- USB: 2 x USB port
- Power adapter: AC input 100V ~ 240 V; DC output 12V with max. 1.25 A current
- Size: 216mm x 161.9mm x 40.5 mm
- Weight: 470g
- Wireless LAN
- Operating Frequency: 2.4~2.5 GHz
- Data rate: 802.11n Draft up to 300Mbps; 802.11g 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps; 802.11b 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
- Output power: n mode: 15.8~19.5dBm; g mode: 15.5~16.5dBm; b mode: 15.8~19.5dBm
- Receiver sensitivity (at normal temp. range, 54Mbps data rate: ANT0 -75dBm; ANT1 -75dBm
- Encryption/Authentication: Supports 64/128-bit WEP; WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK; WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise
- EZQoS (Easy Quality of Service): Allows multiple network activities (FTP, Gaming, P2P) to work smoothly at the same time.
- DHCP Server: Supports up to 253 IP addresses; Changeable DHCP lease time, IP pool, domain name; Static mapped IP.
- Web-based administration: Supports IE 5.5 or later, Firefox 188.8.131.52 or later; Managed from LAN and Internet; Password Setting.
- System Event Log
- Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Security: Firewall: NAT and SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection), intrusion detection including logging. Logging: Dropped packet, security event, Syslog. Filtering: Port, IP packet, URL keyword, MAC address.