An original version of this article stated that Mozilla was adding lazy loading support to Firefox in the same way that Chrome intends to support lazy loading.
A Firefox engineer told ZDNet that Mozilla will support lazy loading only for the "New Tab" page and does not have any plans, as of yet, to support Chrome's lazy loading implementation for Firefox.
We have removed the earlier version of this article. ZDNet regrets the error.
More browser coverage:
- Will Windows 10 users flock to Chromium Edge for exclusive 4K Netflix streaming?
- Researcher publishes Google Chrome exploit on GitHub
- First image surfaces of Google Chrome's upcoming Tab Groups feature
- Former Mozilla CTO detained at US border and denied a lawyer
- Firefox to run experiment to reduce push notification permission spam
- Twelve years later: Firefox to add full protection against 'login prompt' spam
- What enterprises need to know about the new Chromium-based Edge TechRepublic
- Google's most secure login system now works on Firefox and Edge, too CNET