Fujifilm will be releasing a pet-friendly, ultra-compact digital camera very soon. The FinePix z700 is being boasted as the first point-and-shoot to feature a "pet detection" function.
The 12-megapixel FinePix z700 will be able to recognize the furry face of your four-legged best friend much like it would for a human being in face-detection mode - so long as the animal looks directly at the camera. Easier said than done. It also won't work well if the pet is in motion.
Cats and dogs are also the only pets specified to be spotted in this mode, so your goldfish might be out of luck. But innovation has to start somewhere right?
Here's what else the FinePix z700 has to offer:
- 3.5-inch TFT LCD touchscreen display (16:9 aspect ratio)
- 1/2-inch Super CCD EXR sensor
- 5x optical zoom
- 30MB internal memory
- SD/SDHC card slot
- Records AVI (Motion JPEG) files
- Li-ion battery (included)
- Measurements: 3.6 x 2.3 x 0.8-inches; weighs 5.0-ounces
- Available in red, black, silver and pink
Fujifilm will release the FinePix z700 later this month for $280.