This article will demonstrate how to create a simple online quiz, complete with options for feedback, scoring and tracking, using free Flash quiz template. Please ensure you can manage to use Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, or Flash CS4 (http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/) before attempting this.
The quiz template is included in Flash MX and above versions, and it is designed to automatically track results and send them to a learning management system configured for your quiz. Furthermore, it should be SCORM and AICC compliant for using in Learning Management System (LMS).
If you're not sophisticated with Adobe Flash editing, you might be interested in the Flash quiz tool Wondershare QuizCreator (http://www.sameshow.com/quiz-creator.html) for rapid development as replacement.
First of all, you can download a 30 day trial version of Adobe Flash from the Adobe's official website (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/).
1. Create a new Flash document choosing the existing Quiz template. File > New > Templates tab > 'Quiz' Category > 'Modern Photo Quiz_style2 ' Template
2. A fully functional quiz with templates for Drag and Drop, Fill in the Blank, Hot Objects, Hot Spot, Multiple Choice, and True or False, will open.
3. Test the movie Control > Test Movie
4. Save the Flash document, giving it a name. File > Save
- Customize Quiz Template
For detailed instructions on how to edit the quiz template to your requirements, learn the official Flash quiz template tutorial at http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/applications/quiz_tutorial/.
- Adding A Single Quiz in Flash
You can add any question types as a single quiz (e.g. true or false type) into your Flash document at any time, however these standalone quiz interactions, when used outside of the quiz template, are not designed for SCORM tracking in LMS.
1. If you want to insert a single quiz as learning interaction, you can just do like this: Window > Common Libraries > Learning Interactions
2. A library of the various learning interactions will open up. Drag the one you want onto the stage.
- Alternative Flash Quiz Solution
As we know, not every user can use Flash programming perfectly to create quizzes. So over the market, there's some rapid quiz authoring tool like Wondershare QuizCreator (http://www.sameshow.com/quiz-creator.html) to help make Flash quizzes in an easier way.
At last, for more knowledge about using Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, or Flash CS4, please refer to Adobe Flash Support Center: http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/