Apple puts a lot of thought into making its products simple to use, but the Settings app in iOS is one of those places where you have to put function first. And that means it can be quite daunting for users.
Fear not. Here's a simple trick that will let you become an instant iOS expert, and find any setting quickly and easily.
How? Simple. Use the built-in search feature.
From the Settings app use your finger and pull down to reveal a search box. Then start typing into that search box. This brings up results, and you can click on those results to take you directly to the setting you're looking for.
I told you it was a simple trick, but in my experience people just aren't aware that this search box exists (and if you didn't know about this, don't be too hard on yourself since it's only been present since iOS 9).
- Here's how Apple made the iPhone SE so cheap
- Nest to deliberately brick old smart hubs
- Tech firms have an obsession with "female" digital servants, and this needs to change
- Stop panicking! Here's why Apple and the iPhone are far from doomed
- Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of 'overheating and melting'