HTC has unveiled four new budget Desire LTE smartphones: the Desire 626, 626s, 526, and 520 for the US market.
The company is describing the handsets as "affordable", though prices will be set by carriers.
The HTC Desire 626 and 626s have a five-inch screen and come in an array of rather exotically named colour combinations, including marshmallow white, gray lava, blue lagoon, marine white, and white birch.
The HTC Desire 526 has a 4.7-inch screen and comes in black, and the HTC Desire 520 has a 4.5-inch screen and comes in grey.
The devices all feature LTE connectivity, 2000 mAh batteries, and expandable memory.
All the phones have an eight-megapixel primary camera: the Desire 626 has a five-megapixel front-facing camera while the HTC Desire 626s, HTC Desire 526, and HTC Desire 520 come with two-megapixel front-facing cameras.
HTC said the handsets will be available from US mobile operators including AT&T, Boost Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, Sprint Prepaid, T-Mobile, Tracfone, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile USA.
HTC Desire 626 specs
- Dimensions: 146.9 x 70.9 x 8.19mm
- Proccessor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 210, quad-core, 4 x 1.1GHz
- Sensors: Ambient light, proximity, accelerometer, magnetic
- Weight: 140g
- Operating system: Android
- Memory: 16GB, Micro SD support up to 200GB
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi®: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Display: 5-inch, HD 720p, 293 PPI (1280x720)
- SIM card type: nano SIM
- Camera: eight megapixel rear camera, five-megapixel front camera
HTC Desire 526 specs
- Dimensions: 140 x 70 x 9.9mm
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8909, quad-core 1.1GHz
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light
- Weight: 156g
- Operating system: Android 5.1 with HTC Sense 7
- Storage: 8GB, expansion card slot supports microSD memory card up to 200GB
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1; Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz); DLNA; 3.5mm stereo audio jack; microUSB 2.0 (5-pin) port
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Display: 4.7-inch, qHD, super LCD, 234 PPI (960 x 540)
- SIM card: nano SIM
- Camera: eight-megapixel rear camera, two-megapixel front camera
Head on over to CNET for some more hands-on detail with the new smartphones.