The other day Intel revised its price list, introducing a few new pieces and dropping the prices of others.
Note: App prices are per 1,000 tray prices.
- Core 2 Quad - Q9650 - 3.00GHz - $530
- Core 2 Duo - E8600 - 3.33GHz - $266
- Xeon - X3370 - 3.00GHz - $530
- Xeon - X3330 - 2.66GHz - $266
- Core 2 Quad - Q9550 - 2.38GHz - Was: $530|Now: $316 (40% cut)
- Xeon - X3360 - 2.83GHz - Was: $530|Now: $316 (40% cut)
Sticky (just not becoming cheaper :-) )
- All the Core 2 Extreme pieces (still ranging from $999 to $1,499).
- All Core 2 Duo parts (the E8600 enters at the top of the price chart).
- The cheapest Core 2 Duo part is the E4500 2.20GHz, priced at $113.
- The 2.83GHz Q9550 now costs the same as the 2.66GHz Q9450 ($316).
- The 45nm Q9400 2.66GHz costs the same as the 45nm Q9300 2.50GHz and the 65nm Q6700 2.66GHz ($266). The E8600 3.33GHz also entered the list at $266.
- Similarly, in the Core 2 Duo line up you can choose between 3.16GHz, 2.83GHz, 2.66GHz 6MB L2, 1,333MHz FSB, 45nm parts, all for $163.
I expect some price revamps in these areas soon.
Price list (PDF)