Another notebook with Intel Sandy Bridge processor options is now ready to ship. The Maingear eX-L 15 is also being touted as the "the fastest 15-inch notebook available."
Sporting DirectX 11 support and optional NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, the eX-L 15 is ideal for serious gamers or even designers looking for a laptop that can handle top-notch graphics.
Let's take a look under the hood of that matte rubber finished-chassis:
- 15.6-inch matte or glossy HD+ LED Display (1,920 x 1,080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Up to Intel Core i7 2920XM processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (1.5GB GDDR5) or GTX 485M (2.0GB GDDR5)
- Up to 16GB of DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM memory
- 750GB 7200rpm SATA 2.5-inch hard drive or 1TB 5400rpm SATA 2.5-inch hard drive
- 2x Blu-ray Reader/8x Super Multi combo Drive
- Connectivity: Two USB 3.0 ports, Two USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, DVI-I, eSATA/USB combo, FireWire, Headphones, Microphone, Line-in, S/PDIF output, Ethernet
The Maingear eX-L 15 starts at $1,579. If you're on a budget (but still managing to buy this machine), customize wisely.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- CES 2011: Maingear, Origin PC add Intel Core i7-2600K CPU overclocked to 5GHz to their gaming desktops