If money is no object and total immersion is your goal, NEC's CRV43 -- a 43 in. curved display with a 2880 by 900 pixel resolution -- is paramount to your setup.
The downside? Besides another month to wait (it's due in July), this beast will set you back a horrific $7,999.
More specs: 200 nits brightness rating, 10,000:1 contrast, 0.02ms response time, covers 99.3 percent of Adobe's RGB color gamut, and it offers a USB 2.0 jack and DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 connectors.
Oh, and did I mention the CRV43's 32:10 aspect ratio?
The display is designed for use in applications such as professional graphics, higher education, government, financial, command & control and home office. If you're wondering, the user's taskbar is extended natively.
From the press release:
"The NEC CRV43 curved display provides an excitingly immersive viewing experience for any type of user," said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing for NEC Display Solutions. "Its lightning-fast response time coupled with its seamless curved screen provides enhanced comfort, decreased frustration and increased productivity. The monitor eliminates the bezel and screen gap issues that have complicated users' work environment for years."
- Seamless curved screen, which eliminates bezel and screen gap issues for increased productivity and decreased frustration (according to Center for Human-Computer Interaction - Shupp et al, presented at Graphics Interface 2006)
- 2880 x 900 double WXGA native resolution
- 200 cd/m² brightness
- 0.02ms Rapid Response
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
- Single link DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors
- USB 2.0 connectivity for easy use of peripherals
- Front panel controls
- On Screen Display and software-based GUI, which enables advanced display control options
The NEC CRV43 curved display is backed by a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. As I mentioned before, it will be available for July 2009 shipment with an estimated street price of $7,999.