Looking for a tablet that's just as at home in the mud and the rain as it is in the office? Take a look at the two ultra-rugged, water-resistant Windows 10-powered 2-in-1 tablets announced by DT Research.
Must read: iOS 10 is a total mess
The DT301S Rugged Tablet is built around a 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen and is powered by Intel 6th-generation Core i5 or i7 processor, 4 - 8GB of RAM all surrounded by a slim, lightweight, durable package.
The DT311H features an 11.6-inch capacitive touch screen and Intel 5th-generation Core i5 or i7 processors, and 8 - 16GB of RAM.
Both tablets feature a built-in smart card/CAC reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth as well as optional camera, barcode scanner, RFID reader, and 4G connection, are IP65, MIL-STD-810G as well as MIL-STD-461F certified, and are able to operate across a wide temperature range, from -4°F to 140°F.
In addition to the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system, Windows 7 Professional is also available.
These new ultra-rugged tablets are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, and feature water-resistant detachable keyboards, internal hot-swappable batteries, and advanced hardware-software security, and come with two Full HD screen size options to maximize use in multiple settings.
On the security front, the DT301S and DT311H make use of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise OS security features, including Device Guard enterprise hardware and software security features that only allow the tablet to run trusted applications with TPM 1.2 and 2.0 support. Both devices also include Lock Down features to protect against malicious users, which also provide a custom designed user experience and increase system reliability.
Hardware security options also include camera privacy mode, instant blackout, as well as automatic Bluetooth, RFID, and WiFi disable functions that can be pre-configured to turn off all radio capabilities under certain conditions.
Both tablets meet the following standards:
- IP65 Rated - Water and Dust Resistant
- MIL-STD-810G Certified - Vibration and Shock Resistant; Altitude Tested Storage & Operation
- MIL-STD-461F Certified - EMI and EMC Tolerance
- Operational in Extreme Temperatures (-4 F to 140 F)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology) Compliant
- Built-in Smart Card / CAC-card Full-slot Reader (enables multiple security level control)
- HERO (Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) Certified (DT311H)
- Advanced data security with media sanitization (5220.22-M, USA-AF AFSSI 5020, USA Navy NAVSO P-5239-26, NSA Manual 130-2, USA-Army 380-19, NISPOMSUP Chap 8, Sect. 8-501 and NSA Manual 9-12 Standards)
- 4 Foot Drop Protection
Optional features include:
- 3G WWAN or 4G LTE
- 2D Barcode Scanner
- Camera - 2 Megapixel front camera and 5 Megapixel back camera with LED flash
- NFC/RFID 13.56MHz reader (ISO 15693 and 14443 A/B compliant)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The DT301S and DT311H Rugged Tablets will be available in July 2016 directly from DT Research and through authorized resellers and partners.