Samsung launched a beta program for its new One UI, which incorporates Android 10. The beta program is available for selected Galaxy S10 customers.
The company said it is adding the following to One UI.
- A layout with animated icons and revamped edge lighting.
- An enhanced dark mode to save battery and tune display brightness when viewing content.
- Minimized popups and a streamlined design.
- Focus mode to pause apps.
Overall, the One UI updates are more of an evolution, but Samsung is working to minimize distractions and the space occupied by notifications.
- Samsung announces its Android 10 beta is coming to these Galaxy devices soon
- Six days with the Samsung Galaxy Fold: Is it really as fragile as Samsung warns?
- These are the 10 best smartphones you can buy right now, and iPhone 11 reclaims the crown
- Microsoft helps make the Galaxy Note 10 Plus a compelling business phone
Not every S10 customer will be eligible for the beta. Samsung said its One UI beta is open to a limited number of people using Galaxy S10e, S10 or S10 Plus. A Samsung account is required to register for the beta.
Here's a look: