Samsung is launching its Smart Monitor, which has built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and integration with its Wireless DeX as well as Smart TV capabilities.
For Samsung's DeX platform, which enables its Galaxy S20 and Note 20 lineup to double as a work PC, the Smart Monitor could be a help to more mainstream adoption. When Samsung launched its Galaxy Note 20 in August, monitors were expected to play a role in the continuum between work and life.
The Smart Monitor comes in two models with the M5 Full-HD in 27- and 32-inches and the M7 Ultra HD at 32-inches. The Samsung Smart Monitor 27-inch M5 is $229.99, while the 32-inch M5 is $279.99. The 32-inch M7 is $399.99.
What's notable about Samsung's Smart Monitor is that it is going for a do-it-all approach with the ability to toggle between work, entertainment, and education roles.
Also: Samsung DeX 101: Turn a Galaxy phone or tablet into your primary computer | Best Samsung phones in 2020: Galaxy Note 20 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, Z Flip, and more | With Galaxy Note 20, Samsung reaches beyond the screen
- The built-in Wi-Fi in the Smart Monitor means Office 365 applications can be accessed directly without a PC or laptop.
- Smart Monitor features Remote Access and is compatible with AirPlay2 for sharing content with AirPlay-enabled devices.
- Wireless DeX capability will enable multitasking between the Smart Monitor and Galaxy devices.
- Smart Monitor has USB-C, USB, and Bluetooth 4.2 ports and voice controls for Bixby 2.0, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- The monitor has a set of streaming apps including Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and YouTube.
- Smart Monitor uses Samsung's Tizen operating system.
- Built-in 5W speaker.