Let's cut to the chase and say that Apple is a total master at making old stuff look new, thus trying to convince you to part with your hard-earned cash.
But fear not!
Here's a rundown of the Apple purchases you shouldn't make until the products are refreshed.
(Updated following Apple's September iPhone/iPad event.)
Must read: How Apple convinces you to buy old stuff
- Apple Watch: Wait for the Apple Watch 7 to land soon.
- MacBook Pro: Big talk of an Apple Silicon upgrade being imminent, so unless you need to replace one urgently, best to hold off for the time being.
- Mac Pro: With the transition to Apple Silicon underway, this kind of investment at this time doesn't feel prudent.
- AirPods: The word on the street is that upgrades are on the way soon. While the AirPods Pro and AirPods Max might OK to buy, I'd probably wait until September is over.
- HomePod: No. Mini is OK to buy though.
- iPod touch: Don't touch that!