Here’s a bit of software application development scrabble for you to serve as Friday down time. Hopefully this comes with enough of a thought-provoking nudge that you might even like to play.
Free image source: Wikimedia
Here’s the genesis behind my thought process. I was listening to F.E.A.R. by Ian Brown (he of Stone Roses fame naturally) this afternoon and revelling in the fact that he sings the whole song with each line simply composed of four words each starting with the letters F.E.A.R.
Could I do that with D.E.V.E.L.O.P.E.R. I wondered? Here my best shot at it:
1. Does Every Vendor Exaggerate Lavishly Over Products’ Endless Rewards?
2. DOS Evolved Via Engineers’ Love Of Programming Excellence Realistically
3. Debian Evangelists Verify Existing Logic (in) Open-Source Programming Efficiency Repeatedly
4. Delivering Enterprise Value Envelops Large Organisations Promoting Early Retirement
5. Determined Engineers Virtually Everywhere Look Over Programmes Ever-so Relentlessly
6. Databases Evolve Validating Every Last Object Possible Encompassed (in) Releases
7. Did Everyone Violate Enterprise Linux Or Pathologically Embrace RedHat?
8. Devious Employees Voluntarily Entrap Losers Over Potential Eclipse Rollout
9. Designing (for) End-User Vulnerability Eventually Lowers Obvious Problems (for) Each Replication
… and finally,
10. Dose (of) Extra Viagra Extends Leading Operating-System Performance Exponentially (in) Real-time
I know, I know – I need to get out more. Enough already!