A new study from Britain's Imperial University says your computer and other electronics could be making you sick. A London newspaper says the study's going to be published in August. The research will blame electrical charges from computers, TVs, stoves and other electrical appliances for giving people asthma, influenza and other ailments.
The newspaper report on the research says electronic devices give off electrical fields that "charge minuscule particles in the air such as viruses, bacteria, allergens and highly toxic pollutants.
Because they are so tiny – less than 80 times the thickness of a human hair – they are
constantly airborne and so are being breathed in all the time. The electrical charge makes them stick to the tissue of the lungs and respiratory tract, causing infection and increasing the impact on the body."