The Platinum Card is the best all-around card for lounge access -- no matter what airline you fly or where you travel. Its lounge benefits give you access to six different airport lounge networks, including Priority Pass Select, American Express Centurion lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying on Delta or Lufthansa same day), Escape lounges, Airspace lounges, and Plaza Premium lounges.
In general, cardholders can access the lounges with up to two additional guests for no charge, unless the lounge network has different rules (additional fees apply for guests at Delta Sky Clubs). American Express allows additional cardholders to access the same lounge benefits as the primary cardmember, however, there is a charge of $175 to add up to three additional users to your American Express Platinum account.
The business version of this card -- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express -- also offers comparable access to these same lounge networks.
- Access to six lounge networks
- 24 Centurion Lounges (13 US and 11 abroad)
- High value travel benefits and annual credits
- High annual fee of $695
- Fee for additional card users
- American Express Priority Pass excludes participating airport restaurants
- Some of the benefits aren't practical for the average user (like private jet credits)
You can read our full review here.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com
to learn more.