- Streams most of the big-name services
- Small and convenient
- Alexa control
- Cheap for both a 4K stick and Alexa
- Ties into the Amazon ecosystem
- Gorgeous video quality if your TV and broadband can handle it
- Ties aggressively into the Amazon ecosystem
- Big, might be difficult to fit behind TV, or will block another HDMI port
- No Ethernet
Let's start off with the key thought: this thing is less than $40. So, what do you get? You get a streaming stick that will stream most of your favorite video and audio streaming services. So far so good.
Now, add in 4K and HDR video. If you have a 4K TV, if your streaming service supports it and if your ISP can handle it, you can watch TV in glorious 4K. Trust us. 4K is pretty awesome. It's not a deal breaker if you can't get 4K, but for under $40, the 4K option is a bit of a no-brainer.
Oh, and you get Alexa smarts in the device as well. You access Alexa by pushing a button on the remote. Depending on whether the streaming service has built integration into Alexa, you can even call up the shows you want. The only thing is, if you lose the remote, Alexa can't help you.