Amazon gave ZDNet a sneak peek at the deals it has planned for its own devices over the next couple weeks. Everything from Fire TV Cube to Echo Show will be on sale. Some of the deals go live starting on Nov. 16, while others will be staggered over the following days leading up to its big shopping extravaganza on Nov. 23.
Amazon Black Friday 2018: Early deals
Starting Friday, Nov. 16:
- Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet for $69.99 ($30 off)
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet for $89.99 ($40 off)
- Fire HD 10 tablet with Alexa for $99.99 ($50 off)
- Fire HD 10 Kids Edition tablet for $149.99 ($50 off)
Starting Sunday, Nov. 18:
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote for $24.99 ($15 off)
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote for $34.99 ($15 off)
- Fire TV Cube 4K for $59.99 ($60 off)
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 21:
- Blink XT 1 for $78.99 ($51 off, or get a 3-cam system for $90 off)
Starting Thursday, Nov. 22:
- Echo Dot (first-gen) for $19.99 ($20 off)
- Echo Dot (second-gen) for $24 ($25.99 off)
- Echo (second-gen) for $69 ($30.99 off)
- Echo Plus (second-gen) for $109.99 ($40 off)
- Echo Show (second-gen) for $179.99 ($50 off)
- Echo Spot for $89.99 ($40 off)
- Amazon Smart Plug for $5 with purchase of an Echo device
- Fire 7 tablet with Alexa for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Fire HD 8 tablet with Alexa for $49.99 ($30 off)
- Fire HD 8 tablet and Show Mode Dock bundle for $79.99 ($39.99 off)
- Fire HD 10 tablet and Show Mode Dock bundle for $144.99 ($59.99 off)
- Kindle Paperwhite (seventh-gen) for $79.99 ($40 off)
If you've been waiting for a sale to pick up one of Amazon's Fire TV devices, Fire HD tablets, or even an Echo device, now is the time to grab your wallet. Amazon probably won't lower its prices to this level again until Amazon Prime Day 2019 -- which is next summer.
Also: Amazon's Prime Day: Voice is everywhere TechRepublic
Many of these Amazon devices will make great gifts for co-workers (see the gallery below), or you can optimize your own home office with them. With an Echo, for instance, you can use Alexa to control your smart accessories, set reminders, check your calendar, and more.
Or, with a Fire HD, you can check your email, browse the web, and post to social media. If you're feeling like pausing work for a moment to binge-watch some Netflix, you can always use the Fire TV Cube, which will even let you control all your theatre equipment by voice.
There's also the Smart Plug that'll let you control, say, a coffee maker by voice or remotely. And with a Kindle, you can browse, find, and read ebooks. Finally, with the Blink security camera, you can keep a watchful eye on your work space. The possibilities are endless.
Happy Black Friday! (Is that a thing people say now?)
For more great deals on devices, gadgetry, and technology for your enterprise, business, or home office, see ZDNet's Business Bargain Hunter blog. Affiliate disclosure: ZDNet earns commission from the products and services featured on this page.
Previous and related coverage:
The calendar may say Black Friday will be Nov. 23 and Cyber Monday will be Nov.26, but expect sales to happen before and after those specific dates.
Some of Amazon's newest gadgets are wonderfully infantilizing, showing humans just how useless we are.
While Google is outselling Amazon in global units of smart speakers, other numbers show Amazon is doing just fine in expanding Alexa's reach and usage
If you want to tell Alexa what to do, try Blueprints. Amazon just introduced four new types that allow you to customize Alexa with some new helpful skills.
You've probably heard about Prime. But did you know it's more than just free two-day shipping? And what about Amazon Business? Yes, Amazon also offers a marketplace with Prime-like benefits just for businesses. Here's what you need to know about both.